Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Ann Taylor's new City Fit pants in petite

ATpants
Pants: Ann Taylor Stretch Twill Trousers in 00P (also in tropical wool)
Top: Banana Republic Mad Men Lace Shell sz XXSP
Necklace: Talbots (old)  Shoes: Aldo (old)

*loose transport at any rate on Ann Taylor's website, now via Tuesday middle of the night EST!*
i have received several requests to show pant outfits, however frankly, I in no way wear them. Pants are slimming and elongating, but I shuttle to paintings in apartments so pants will drag on the ground and get yucky. ultimate week, Ann Taylor provided me a $a hundred present card to attempt on their pants (5 AT fb fans also have the risk to win one here). I figured i might take this possibility to shed my aversion for pants and percentage my reveals!
AT pants fit
Upon visiting the AT website, I saw a pants fit manual showcasing 4 styles, which includes their new city suit - their "slimmest fit." Hooray! i have tried on contemporary fit within the beyond, and a 00P become too beneficiant. Kelly, who's barely smaller in stature, reviewed this cut back in 2009, and had to get the waist taken in and the legs slimmed.

pointless to say, i used to be pretty excited by means of the chance of a brand new "slimmest" match. After paintings, I went instantly to the shop with the largest petites section, and requested for the metropolis fit in 00P. The reaction?

(and that i need to certainly preserve a log of stupid matters AT SA's say to me, including the no forty% off promo forecasted till November)

SA: "We do not bring a 00P within the town match in-stores."
Me: "however why?? you've got 00P here in the entirety else!"
SA: "A 0P in city is meant to fit similar to a 00P inside the other cuts. hence it is on-line handiest."
Me: "it's doodoo!"
SA: "here, try our contemporary healthy."

And so I did. however just like I remembered, it changed into too large all through. right here's the current suit in 00P:
ATpants4

Feeling defeated, I went home and ordered City Fit in Stretch Twill. Here's how a 00P looks on me:
ATpants3
In brief, the waist is still too huge for a person my length (generally put on between sz 23 or 24 in denim), however the reduce is extraordinarily slimmer. The legs are more tapered at some stage in, in particular while compared to the current above, and the upward thrust is low. these may want to fit well on someone who is proper to size at Ann Taylor, who needs a extra slender, boot-cut healthy. As for me - I despatched them again. there's plenty on my wishlist from AT to exchange those pants for.

One last view of the metropolis healthy in Stretch Twill, with a belt maintaining up the waist:
ATpants1
Readers - Please share your favorite brand and cut of pants!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar