Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Monday, 17-02-20

Good morning.
Yesterday's food went better than expected.  Chewing is difficult, as is negotiating food in a denture filled mouth so the whole process is very slow, no chance of bolting anything, and I get that 'satisfied' feeling before I've finished.  Another helpful strategy!



Today's mushy and soft menu plans are:

B:  scrambled eggs and baked beans, mini yogurt drink
Beth came round yesterday and had beans on toast so there's a portion of beans left over for today.  I might poach or 'fry' the eggs instead, depending on how I feel when I get to breakfast
SW:  two syns for the yogurt drink.

L:  ham and mushy pea soup; yogurt
A bit of a cheat, this one, in a way.  I had the ham stock from boiling up the gammon ham yesterday.  I added a little bit of onion, carrot and celery amd then a can of mushy peas which was part of the Slimmer of the Week hamper a couple of weeks ago.  I boiled it all up with a bit of seasoning: salt - be careful with salt when using ham stock - pepper and a bay leaf which I removed before blending.
When the vegetables were cooked, I blended it all smooth and then added some finely shredded ham for a bit of extra taste.  It's been in the fridge so should have developed some extra flavour
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and half a heA for milk I will use to dilute the soup which has cooled to very thick indeed!  Nice

D:  smoked cod with cheesy parsnips and sprouts; banana ice cream
I will bake the smoked cod wrapped in foil.  I will boil the parsnips before mashing with 30g cheddar and a bit of cajun spice and slightly overcook the sprouts.
The banana ice cream will be just some frozen chopped banana that I have in the freezer, whizzed to smooth and I might add some agave nectar for taste
SW:  one and a half heAs  and one and a half syns for 1 tbsp agave nectar

S:  maybe a yogurt or something, if I have to and I have a small amount of the smoked salmon dip left over from yesterday that I don't really want to freeze

BM:  a nice walk, I hope, as the weather is supposed to really pick up today.

Summary:

  • two heAs
  • four syns
  • apart from the cod, really frugal and I like using the ham stock.  No waste!
  • the eating window will be eleven to seven as usual; 8:16


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar