teapots and teacups, covered in roses and flowers..........along with old platters............
and then there are the Atlas and Mason jars..................I love them.
I love the blue and blue/green color of the blue Mason,
and the intricate designs on the clear Atlas.
One year at Christmas time, many years ago, when our children were very small, my mother labored and cooked away in her tiny kitchen and brought her collection of beautiful jars
filled with homemade fudge, chocolate drops..........and cookies of every shape and flavor. Some she filled with her homemade picante sauce.............which I can never make taste like hers........no matter how many times I make it. So many jars.......all filled with homemade goodness and love.
Her collection of jars were also a gift for me to keep.
Out of all of the gifts and guests that year.............
I remember this...........and think about that time each time I look upon these jars
that greet me each morning.
I have reflected on that time and the jars as I stitch away
on my latest project. I have been embroidering a set of mason
jars, filled with an assortment of flowers.
This is a work in progress on a white blouse.
I still have more designs to put on the shirt
and many hours of embroidery ahead.
So tell me,
do you have vintage canning jars?
Do you use them for decoration.....or for filling with goodies?
I would love to hear!

0 Yorumlar