Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Another Rainy Day

When is this rain ever going to stop? It does save the job of watering the garden and it keeps the grass nice and green but I am getting fed up of it now. Might as well take the washing line down for all the use its getting at the moment.
 Time for a stew I think, made with some reduced price lean steak from the Co-op.
 I have browned off the meat with a chopped onion and then added some frozen mushrooms, chopped carrots, a bag of frozen swede and parsnip, 2 stock cubes and two heaped spoons of plain flour with salt and pepper.
 I love these sliced mushrooms they are so handy for dishes like this when there aren't any needing using up in the fridge.
 I tipped the lot into the pre heated slow cooker and topped with some baby new potatoes, it can sit slowly cooking all day and then just before we are ready to eat I will add a few petit pois to add a bit of colour.  Hubby might have a warmed cheese scone with his as there won't be any dumplings.
 While I was prepping dinner I made my lunch, hubby is out today doing his voluntary job and gets lunch provided.  Today I am having a chopped salad with ham and a few olives, I recently discovered these bags of croutons in Morrisons and they are delish on a salad, you only need a few and they give a lovely crunch, resealed they keep ages in the fridge.  I know I should make my own  but sometimes lifes too short, besides my left over bread usually gets whizzed up for stuffings.
 Well thats Lunch and Dinner sorted, so right now I will settle for a skinny latte and a skip round blogland.

Cheers!!

Hope you all manage to keep snug and dry today.

Karen xxxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar